This month we’ve introduced a number of updates to the Review Canvas functionality. These represent the first stage of a major upgrade that we will be transitioning to over the remainder of the year.
This initial update includes the following specific enhancements:
- Comments can now be formatted to include bold, italic, subscript and superscript. To format a comment, simply select the text in the open comment window and click on the desired format in the activate menu above the text.
- Improvements to the toolbar UX to support one-click tool selections. This will make for faster and smoother tool selection with the menu callouts on shapes, text tools and zoom.
- The comment/reply windows will expand to available height to show longer comments in the comment bar. This will make it easier to read and edit longer comments and text pasting.
- @Mentions now show the user names instead of user ids.
- Updates to the annotation pin design including a new Note icon. Non-selected pins are now shown in grey to better differentiate the currently selected annotation (highlighted in blue).
- A new guided tour will help to onboard new reviewers through the Review Canvas features. New reviewers will be automatically detected and offered the tour on their first visit (If you prefer to make your own introductions you can also disable the tour offer in your account settings > configuration menu).
We’ve got a lot coming up in the pipeline. We’ll be introducing additional proofing features, integrations and UX enhancements to further improve the efficiency of the review process and creative workflows.
The changes above were all based on the customer feedback we’ve received. So, send us your feedback – we’d love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.