New look, New Branding Options and Project Archives
Introducing our brand new look and new branding options.
This month we’re rolling out a major update to our platform design, and bringing a fresh new look to the ReviewStudio platform. In addition to updating the styling of the UI, the upgrade also introduces new branding options – introducing your logo to the dashboard and allowing you to customize the background color or the dashboards and Review access pages to match those of your brand.
To change your site logo and color options:
- Go to your Account > Settings tab.
- There you’ll have the option to upload a logo to display on your dashboard and review access pages. Logos are scaled to fit within a 240×240 pixel region.
- If you don’t want the logo to appear on your dashboard (only on your review access pages) you can uncheck that option.
- Set the background and font color that is to be used for the dashboard and review access page backgrounds.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Another feature being introduced today offers the ability to archive projects. This feature allows you to retain completed projects online for future reference but removes them from your active dashboard. With this feature you can now configure your dashboards to only show projects that are currently active or relevant.
To archive a project:
- Go to Account > Projects tab.
- Enter the name of the project to archive or select it from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Archive button. All reviews associated to that project will now be set as inactive and they will not appear in any dashboards.
To restore an archived project:
- Go to Account > Projects tab.
- In the lower menu, enter the name of the archived project to restore or select it from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Activate button. All reviews associated to that project will be reactivated and will now appear in the dashboards of any users the review was originally shared with.
In providing this new functionality, you’ll notice that we’ve now also introduced a new Project tab to your admin account for managing all project–related functionality, including the creation of project groups and archiving.
Another feature introduced this month allows you to set the default encoding setting you want for all your video uploads. Currently, videos are set to be encoded by default and you can override that setting in each review by turning off the encoding checkbox in the Review edit menu. If the source video you’re uploading is already H264 and you rarely desire or require our additional encoding pass, you can now turn off encoding by default in your Account > Defaults tab.
Improved PDF Printing
Finally this month, we’ve made a significant improvement to the way we process PDF files for print so that now any annotated pages of the original file will be both larger and of higher resolution for better legibility in the printed report. This is all in an effort to provide you the best online PDF proofing platform possible.
Over the coming months we’ll continue to refine the UI and add additional productivity features so please share your thoughts with us on any additional improvements you’d like to see us implement.